Having an attractive and functional website is important. But if your intended audience can’t find it, it might as well be invisible. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is incredibly important, especially for businesses servicing specific local areas. SEO is the process of optimizing a website’s content for search engine visibility.
First, your website should be structured in a way that makes search engines “like” it. It needs to be “easy” for them to crawl, and it needs to be built using focus keywords help.
Second, your site needs to be listed on major search engine listing sites, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, as well as a collection of other appropriate sites such as Yelp and Superpages, depending on your location, service and intended audience.
Third, your business needs an integrated, comprehensive internet “footprint” on platforms such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc., that all link together.
Examples of SEO:
- Choose your keywords carefully and with intention, and place them where they matter most.
- Use a permalink structure that includes keywords (for the URL’s of every page of your site).
- Don’t include things that slow your website down, such as large image files, music players, etc.
- Use keywords in alt tags for images and have those images geo-tagged as well.
- Include a blog on your site.
- Linkbuilding! Links to your blog articles using anchor text with your keyword or keyword phrase, for example.
- Change and/or add content to your website regularly – when there’s no change to a site for a long period of time, it appears to search engines as though it might be “dead” or irrelevant.
- Add a sitemap to your website and submit it to Google and Bing.
- Use schema markup to help search engines understand the content you want your audience to receive.
If SEO seems daunting, or if you’d just rather have someone else do it all for you, you’ve come to the right place. We can help!